Makeup Geek - My (Growing) Collection, Part One...

2 comments
For months, I sat and swooned over Jaclyn Hill & Nikkie Tutorials makeup videos using Makeup Geek eyeshadows, wishing there was an easier (and import tax free!) way of getting them in my clutches... If I'd have been a bit cleverer, I could have done an order and had it shipped to my hotel when I visited America in November, why do we always have the brilliant light bulb moments when it's too late?!

It was a very happy day when I discovered that Beauty Bay were stocking the brand.

At first the stocks were very limited and I don't think they had realised just how much demand they would get for the brand, shades sold out SUPER quickly and the order took ages to process. To be fair to Beauty Bay, they have since given me £5 to spend on the site due to the delay, which I think is really good customer service. I have always had a brilliant service and delivery time from them in the past (and there's been a lot of orders!)

So onto the shades I have chosen, which, if you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen the various snaps of the collection has it's been growing...


So far, I have 5 of the foiled eyeshadows and 10 of the standard eyeshadows.

Makeup Geek describe the foiled shadows as; "With these rich and intensely-hued shades, the new Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadows go beyond your standard line of cosmetics, introducing you to a new and powerful cosmetic experience.

This cutting-edge formula offers a creamy texture that is a hybrid between a powder shadow and a cream shadow that is on a level of its own.

The intense pigmentation combined with an opaque, metallic finish make these shadows a dream to work with. These can be applied effortlessly in just one swipe with no primer required! Our lineup includes a diverse array of rich colors and a smooth silky formula that we believe help elevate pressed eye shadows to the next level of exceptional quality."

I do completely agree with this, they are buttery, blend so well and look heavenly on the eyes, by far my favourite type of eyeshadow.

I've done swatches of each line of shadows so you can get an idea of them individually.


First up, Untamed & Desert Sands
Untamed is one of the foiled eyeshadows and is a bright coppery orange/golden shade and Desert Sands is a matte shadow in a camel brown shade with yellow undertones.


Now onto the dark, purple-ly shades we have Showtime (foil) Burlesque & Bitten.
Showtime is a rusty brown with warm undertones and a foil finish, Burlesque is a deep burgandy with a hint of bronze and Bitten is another matte finish shadow in a deep maroon shade.


Flamethrower (foil) Cocoa Bear & Americano
I think I can safely say that Flamethrower is my favourite of the bunch, it's a true, bright copper with a foiled finish, beautiful. Cocoa Bear is a warm, reddish brown and has a matte finish. Americano is a classic dark brown with a matte finish.


Magic Act (foil) Cosmopolitan, Brown Sugar.
Magic Act is beautiful inner corner highlight shade, a light, yellow toned gold. Cosmopolitan, a beautiful rose gold shade with gold flecks. Brown Sugar is a warm coppery toned brown with a shimmery finish.


Now onto the lighter shades, Grandstand (foil) Shimma Shimma, Beaches & Cream, Mirage.
Grandstand is a beautiful light rose gold shade with a foil finish, Shimma Shimma is a metallic champagne colour, another good one for inner corner / brow highlight. Beaches & Cream is fabulous as a transition shade at the outer corner of the eye, it's a creamy shade with a hint of peach and a matte finish. And last but certainly not least, Mirage - stunning as a brow highlight, it's a warm buttercream shade with a satin matte finish.

I store the eyeshadow pans in a large Z Palette. The normal pans are £4.95 each from Beauty Bay, the foiled shadows are a little more expensive at £7.95 each, but they are so worth it!

I hope this post has helped, if you're looking for some inspiration for new shades to add to your collection, or for someone just starting your Makeup Geek pallete.

I'd love to know if you have any shade recommendations for me too, there's a big space to fill in my Z palette!

Lauren x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Love this! I don't think I ordered any of the foiled shadows but after seeing these gorgeous swatches I will have to pick some up in my next order! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I too bought a few makeup geek eyeshadows when they were back in stock. I have been loving Frappe, Mocha & Morrocco and I would definitely recommend them. I really want Americano and Cocoa Bear here's hoping they are back in stock soon.
    In my latest blog post I actually use some of the makeupgeek eyeshadows to create the look.
    www.itsamandakate.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig