An Afternoon With... The Body Shop

1 comment
I was kindly invited in to the VIP lounge at my local Body Shop (Leeds) for a preview of some new launches that will launch tomorrow, 14th August.

The products launching are;

Matte Clay Powder (music to an oily gals ears!)
Mediterranean Almond Milk and Oats Instant Soothing Mask
Colour Crush Lipsticks

I was welcomed into the lounge to be greeted with my instagram name in lights and was offered a cup of tea, great start.



Then Jane got to work. Jane is one of the Beauty Experts at the Leeds store and she definitely knows her stuff, knows the products and has such a great personality, she's an absolute hoot. She removed my makeup and then reapplied and used products that were targeted to my oily skin.
She used the Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion followed by the Matte Clay Foundation (which wore like a dream on my skin for the rest of the day! Jane, I'll be back for this!)
She then set that with the new Matte Clay powder and then she applied one of my favourites, Honey Bronzer and a sweep of colour from one of the Shimmer Waves.



Jane had looked out a handful of the new Colour Crush lipsticks for me to choose from, obviously I was eyeing up the nude shades straight away and picked out 601, Mumbai Gladiolus.

So, a little bit more information about these upcoming launches;

Matte Clay Powder;


This will be available in 6 shades and is 100% vegan. It contains tea tree oil which will be great for anyone with breakouts. My skin felt so smooth and matte with this on and it wore so well for the rest of the day too. It didn't look cakey and created the most natural, matte finish to my skin.


Colour Crush Lipsticks



Available in 20 shades, these lipsticks are highly pigmented and give an intense colour pay off. With one swipe of mine, it covered my lips in an instant and the first thing I noticed was how comfortable it felt on my lips. They contain cherry seed oil, beeswax and marula oil which, combined help to make these lipsticks moisturising and silky. The lipsticks are 100% vegetarian.

I was kindly gifted the one I had picked out,601, Mumbai Gladiolus;


Mediterranean Almond Milk & Oats Instant Soothing Mask

I didn't try this, but I was kindly given some samples to takes away and try and home. I'm a big fan of Body Shop masks, so can't wait to try it.


It's going to be a good one for all skin types, but particularly sensitive. It's 100% vegan and contains Community Trade almond milk, Jojoba beads, oatmeal and probiotics . This mask is said to gently exfoliate and leave skin feeling soothed, comforted and smooth. Sounds great, right?!


All three of these products will be available online and at your local Body Shop store tomorrow, is there anything you have your eye on?


I'd like to finish by saying a huge thank you to Kim who organised everything, and Jane for a wonderful experience in the VIP Lounge and for making me feel so welcome and cheering me up! I left with a goodie bag full to the brim of things I can't wait to try.



I'd love to hear if you pick up any of these new launches!

Lauren x


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. Love The Body Shop products. I love the sound of the new face mask, it should suit my skin perfectly. Will definitely be checking it out in store.

    http://shimmeringhighlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig