Review & Swatches; Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte & Shine Lipsticks

Leave a Comment
I was kindly sent a selection of the Mary Kay lipsticks - a mixture of their gel semi-matte and semi-shine formulas.

This was a new brand to my makeup radar, so I was excited to give them a go.


The packaging is worth a mention - with the lipstick encased in a curvy black tube with a shiny silver emblem as the 'clasp' - it's all pretty elegant and sleek. I also like the feature of the lids having clear tops, so depending on how you store your lipsticks, you can see the shade through the lid.


From left to right (on the swatch photo) I was sent the shades;

Mauve Moment (matte) Haute Pink (shine) Powerful Pink (matte) Red Smolder (shine) Crushed Berry (matte)


I'm definitely more of a matte person when it comes to lipsticks and I found the formula to be very comfortable to wear, they were also highly pigmented and the colour pay off was impressive.
With them formula not being a matte matte, the wear time was approx 4 - 5 hours, but I'd rather sacrifice the wear time and have a lipstick that's comfortable to wear.

The lipsticks are priced at £14 each and available here

Have you tried anything from Mary Kay?

Lauren x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig